I purchased these "All Things Catholic" cards many months ago, but just pulled them out now. My oldest son (Paul 12yo) and I kinda played around with them just to get an idea of what he actually knew- he is a capable alter server, but knowing the exact terms and matching them with a picture and definition can be a different story.
These are Montessori 3-part cards. If you are not a "Montessori" person, no worries. This is what you get when you purchase these cards- pictures of 18 Catholic things (chalice, crucifix, alter bells...), a name card to match each picture, and a definition to go with each picture and name card. Each card (picture, name and definition) has a number on the back- if you match the correct picture to the correct name and definition, the numbers on back will match. There is also a "teacher's card"- otherwise known as an answer key!
As I mentioned, Paul and I goofed around with the cards. My intention is to introduce a card set each morning. During the day the boys can handle the set and look it over. After a few mornings of this, the boys will have a few card sets under their belt and they can test and correct themselves with the cards.
I think these are going to be very useful!
Now that I am all excited about these and sharing them, I find my link to the wonderful company that created these is not longer there! :( I hope all is well with them.
The name of the company is "jody's Hands-On Learning", and the product name is "All Things Catholic 3-Part Cards.
I did find this link that has similar cards that can be printed and laminated:
http://www.thatresourcesite.com/montessori_faith.htm
EWTN also has a fun activity that cover similar terms here:
http://www.ewtn.com/ewtnkids/home.asp Click on the church. You can click items for their names, and then the click on the choir loft twice to see more. Be sure and click on everything to be sure you don't miss any terms.
No comments:
Post a Comment