The fourth week of advent in pictures (lots!)- just the good notes!
The candles are all lit!
The second "O" Antiphon
Still learning about this new "tradition" that we began last year.
Food can be presented to go with each night of the antiphons.
I was happy to have found these to go with the third night, "Root of Jesse".
Prepping some treats for our class party for Spanish co-op.
(check here if you are wondering about the crazy hair and face tattoos)
(check here if you are wondering about the crazy hair and face tattoos)
Found on Pinterest!
Mikes and Ike's candies for the noses, sprinkles for the eyes of the snowmen (couldn't find black writing gel- recommend finding the gel!! Sprinkles were a pain.), and round pearl sprinkles for the reindeer eyes (they worked well).
To prove that I actually have a daughter even if she is rarely home.
Also shown- her boyfriend, who we also rarely see as he works
very hard and goes to school.
More advent cleaning
And decorating...
let sit for 1 minute and top with another pretzel
don't let sit on tray for too long or they get too melty! :)
Mark lighting the candles with help of nephew, Nicolas.
More antiphons
More uncle time.
I am going to end the week here. We have a Christmas tree to purchase and decorate, more Christmas treats to bake, a few more decorations to put up, and presents to wrap. We will also continue lighting our candles, adding ornaments to our Jesse Tree, and making an attempt at the "O" antiphons (my hubby suggested that our less than musical family should perhaps read and not sing "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" ;)).
Also shown- her boyfriend, who we also rarely see as he works
very hard and goes to school.
More advent cleaning
And decorating...
And treat making!
waffle pretzels + hugs + 2 minutes on 300 degrees
don't let sit on tray for too long or they get too melty! :)
Mark lighting the candles with help of nephew, Nicolas.
More antiphons
More uncle time.
I am going to end the week here. We have a Christmas tree to purchase and decorate, more Christmas treats to bake, a few more decorations to put up, and presents to wrap. We will also continue lighting our candles, adding ornaments to our Jesse Tree, and making an attempt at the "O" antiphons (my hubby suggested that our less than musical family should perhaps read and not sing "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" ;)).
Have a blessed rest of advent and a
Merry, Merry Christmas!!
Merry, Merry Christmas!!
As I am sure many bloggers are, I am taking a break until after the new year to enjoy time with my family during this beautiful season. I have truly been inspired this year by what other bloggers have shared and I truly thank each of them.
Awesome "O" Antiphon resources:
Catholic Culture
Shower of Roses
Waltzing Matilda
Awesome "O" Antiphon resources:
Catholic Culture
Shower of Roses
Waltzing Matilda
Other Credits:
The snowmen donuts were originally pinned from this post @ Creative Gift and Party Ideas
The reindeer donuts can be found here @ One Craft Mama
The ever so yummy pretzel hugs are @ Cookies and Cups
















6 comments:
Merry Christmas Blessings to you Laurie, and your family. I loved all the pictures of your family, and those creative treats!
What a beautiful week...and oh, there's that adorable grandson again. Love that hair!!!
May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
remember God said to make a JOYFUL sound, not a good sound :)
Ha! :) True, Shauna! Dad and I compromised. We read the verse and sing the refrain.
Merry Christmas!
We're crashing the party next year, by the way. ;)
Seriously, it looks lovely.
Many blessings to you and your family during this holy, holly season.
xoxo
Vee
Somehow I missed this post;) Love the treat ideas from Pinterest! That Uncle photo is just too precious:) Hope you are enjoying your break!
Post a Comment