I had a bit of advent tree envy after reading Tracy's (
A Slice of Smith Life) blog post that featured hers. I love her pretty tree with purple ornaments hanging from it. I knew if I was going to have one, it would have to fit in a cubby in the my kitchen, so I decided I would have make my own.
Its a little hard to tell in the picture, but it really does look tree-like (mostly;)). I have to say that my two younger boys think it is amazing. They walk over to it several times a day and admire our handiwork.
To make our tree, we painted one of those Styrofoam cones purple. After letting it dry, we glued ornaments around the tree starting at the bottom using hot glue. It took a bit of patience as the ornaments needed to be held firmly in place for a few seconds or they would fall off.
Now we just need to find a silver star for the top!
4 comments:
This tree is gorgeous! What a great idea. Love the purple ribbon.
Lovely and so simple! What a wonderful addition to your family's traditions!
Beautiful, Laurie! I also loved Tracy's tree:-) You have both inspired me with the Advent purple. I have yearned to add more of that to our home as well. Thank you for sharing!
Not only cool but cool looking! I saw Tracy's too. Very pretty!
Post a Comment