Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas 2011

I had wanted to bookend my advent posts. I began with a post on what we do (or have done) around here for advent. I was pretty diligent about blogging a bit of each week during advent. And, I thought, I would do a Christmas post to wrap it up with. I have to say, my brain pretty much turned to mush after our last official festivities ended (as in family gatherings) on January 1- effectively ending any coherent thoughts I had about pretty much anything!

In the absence any sharing that would require brainpower, here are a few highlights of our Christmas season-

Starting with Christmas Eve:

Christmas Eve morning
I have very few pictures of our family breakfast, but everyone took fought for a turn to hold and admire the newest member of the family.

the last candle is lit 

Christmas Eve with cousins

This little couch photo began about 22 years ago with just our oldest three
and our baby niece. Look how we have grown!

Followed by candlelight mass at 10:00 p.m.

When we got home:

Never too old to leave cookies for St. Nick 

Big sis read some books (including The Night Before Christmas)
while the "elves" finished wrapping. 

And the stocking were hung... 

stockings and gifts for youngest two, James and Mark, under the tree

Erin's gifts

Paul's gifts

We enjoyed:

 treats

 Thank you, Patty, for your recipes! 

 And play time: 
inside this box are those little hex bugs- go figure, it was the hit of the day along with... 

this silly book- "Are You As Smart As A Fifth Grader?"

And more baby snuggling: 




There were more friend celebrations, and family celebrations... 


and just savoring the season. 

2 comments:

Patty said...

I never find it too late to look at Christmas (or family) photos. I bet new grandbaby received lots of lovins!! Thanks for the link back to the cookie recipes. GLad you all enjoyed them :)

Gardenia said...

the baby-boo is beautiful ! all your children and family are beautiful. look at all those cousins! the treats were very good, I'm sure. ((how did you find the time to make several different kinds??) and I love the star on top of the tree! thanks for sharing your Christmas. my brain turned mush too after Jan 1 ~~!!