Friday, December 21, 2012

This Year::Advent

This year, I am trying to not regret what we aren't doing and enjoy the blessings that have come our way.

Warning: This is more of a photo album than a blog post! Can you put this many pictures in one post- we'll soon find out. ;)

The blessings of having grandma live right next door- it is easy to just walk right over and help decorate her tree! 

This is happiness. After a few paper work mishaps (Erin says it was from God, so all is well), Erin finally got her test date! And she PASSED!! Wahoo! She is now a "cosmetologist". We are all so happy and bursting with pride. 

I know I may be prejudice, but come on! Could ya just pinch those checks?! And then kiss that face. Grandbabies are the best. 

Grandpa shirking babysitting duty to conk out snuggle on the couch.

Little visitors enjoying tortoise feeding time. It's good to have your own zoo to entertain the kiddos. 

 After church on Sunday, we decided we didn't feel like going home. 

 The Japanese Friendship Gardens made a nice outing. Pictures don't do my husband justice- he really is a smiley guy! 

 It is so peaceful. 

 And a quick stop at the zoo to enjoy the animals... 

 and some serious silliness. 

 SERIOUS silliness! 

 And hanging out together... 

 and being... 

 silly!! 

Except us- we're being romantical. ;) 

We enjoyed our Spanish class Christmas party! 

Putting up some lights. 

Visiting our local Cathedral as sort of a confirmation preparation outing. This will get its own post later!

 The most special happening of all this advent was mass said today (Friday) by Father Mark C. at our local parish for our homeschool group.

 I just really love this picture!!!!

 A bit far away, but that is James standing in front of Father.

 That's my big boy!

Two of my boys with Father. 

In the interest of privacy, I try not to post other's children- there were other servers, singers, offertory collectors, and gift bearers (all the homeschool children). There were 18 families all together. I think about 75-100 people. 

 Three of my grandbabies after mass. This reminds me of the title of that book, "Please Don't Drink the Holy Water". Although, I don't think they planned on drinking it, maybe just taking a swim.

After we had pizza, play time and a cookie exchange in the hall. It was too wet outside to hang the pinata from a tree- like our alternative? :)

 And finally, I participated in the above mentioned cookie exchange. My first ever! Mark, of course, wanted to help make the cookies.

 Which convinced James that he should help with the frosting.

Ta-da! Thank you once again, Patty.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a BLESSED NEW YEAR! 

2 comments:

Patty said...

So glad you all enjoy those cookies! I sent a tray full to the folks who work in the parish office. They loved them :) YOu know, as for "one of those" Christmas's...my favorite memories from childhood are those of Mass during Advent...tThe candles, the hymns, the tangible atmosphere. They are what truly shape us each season. The best gift I will have received is signing up for a special, weekly Holy Hour for Advent. I've thoroughly enjoyed it...my spiritual anchor! Tell your daughter, btw, congratulations on her official status. If she lived here, I'd choose her in a heart beat! Loved your family photos. Thanks for sharing them. And did you get glasses?? I've never seen you in glasses. May these next few days of Advent bring abundant, peace-filled blessings your way!

Gardenia said...

those cookies look delightful! good job. I love the photos of your family -- the ones of you and your beloved are lovely !! nice to see your face ! :)
We all have seasons when ur plans don't materialize the way we had hoped -- I've had more than I can count. It's what's in our hearts, as we approach Our Lord at the end of the day ! God bless and Merry Christmas !