Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Advent is Coming!!

I am still in blogging neverland... I miss it!! I really do. But if you follow either of my blogs you may have caught mention of the fact that life has just been crazy. I am working on it!

Have I mentioned that I just love fall decorations? The colors, the feel, the smell of fall scented candles... 


                                   
Our feast day table did not change much from October to November. Even though her canonization was last month, we still kept sort of a St. Kateri/fall theme. 




I am looking forward to Advent. Can it really be beginning THIS NEXT Sunday? (Thank you to Patty for the correction!:)) That does not seem possible. Last year, I got in to gear by participating in an Advent Blogger Round Up hosted by Jen at Forever, For Always, No Matter What. It was so much fun and I just loved all the contributions. 



I also participated in an Advent/Christmas book link up. I love holiday books!! This link up was for favorites- I honestly think they are all my favorite. If you want to see some great book suggestions visit Jessica at Shower of Roses



I hope to come back and share some more of our Advent devotions/adventures/wonders. One of the things I am most looking forward to are the "O Antiphons". We had so much fun with these last year. I am hoping to assign each of the children and hubby a night that they pick a food to go along with the reading. I have had fun doing it, but I am thinking sharing might be an interesting way to go. 

You can read about the "O Antiphons" and food at Catholic Cuisine

Just a last happy thought. My son on left serving at our local parish on a Friday morning with his friend on the right.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I LOVE all the colors and smells of autumn, too :). May you have a blessed thanksgiving day with your loved ones. And guess what? Advent starts Dec. 2...you get a little breather!

Tiffany said...

30Happy Thanksgiving, Laurie! My thought and prayers are still with you:) I count you among my many blessings, here in blogland:) God bless you and your lovely family!