Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mondays With Mary

I have gained the most inspiration when I have had the opportunity to visit a Catholic home where the faith is being lived. I have been blessed on a few occasions to have this happen and I walk away better prepared to live our beautiful Catholic faith and create a Domestic Church in our home. Mondays with Mary inspires me in that same way- I feel like I have been invited into the author's home to get a peek at how she spends this very special time with her children.


I have to confess that we have not, strictly speaking, used this book yet. Reading it lended inspiration to our  feast day celebrations during November and December, but I knew when I purchased the book that it would be for the New Year. But, I really do love this book (I have enjoyed just sitting and reading through it) and anticipate getting lots of use out of it this year. I will update as we progress through the book.

A Little More Info. On This Book:
Inspired by the Litany of Loreto, this book is broken down in to Part 1- Mary Our Mother, Part 2- Mary, Ever Virgin, Part 3- Marian Symbols, and Part 4- Mary Our Queen. Under these headings there are a total of 32 "teatimes". Each of these teatimes includes an explanation of the celebration, teatime chat ideas, devotional activities (one or more), and a recipe idea. There is also an appendix for May (Mary's month), one for recommended reading, another for hymns, and one for other resources.

You can visit the author's blog here.  

2 comments:

Gardenia said...

Lori, I love this book too. I think I read the whole book in two sittings. I loved it so much. all the ideas, and prayers and recipes and crafts. Just beautiful. Thanks for the link to fisheaters for a good explanation of the domestic church. I knew of the website but didn't know of this article.

Tiffany said...

Oh, one of my favorites! Meredith is my inspiration too:-) Before I even had a blog, I used to visit hers and gather loveliness from our faith and "try" to bring it into my own home. Her gifts are a blessing to so many. Happy reading and trying out some of those wonderful teas and ideas she shares!