And, St. John Bosco! This is one of our favorite saints. I guess I could actually say that about almost any saint we learn about, but he is a "boys' saint" (although I am sure girls love him too). He had a heart for boys, and my boys and I have enjoyed learning more about him.
In celebration of St. John Bosco, we are going to:
*listen to his story on Saint for the Day
*read about him in our CHC Stories of the Saints book
*make these special cookies and hot chocolate (to eat and drink during the story)
*and prepare this special stuffed bell pepper meal from Catholic Cuisine (with pita bread pizza as alternative for the kiddos).
To top it all off, a friend of ours is loaning us the movie, St. John Bosco: Mission of Love. It will be a great day to celebrate this saint and spend time together with our family celebrating our anniversary!
*listen to his story on Saint for the Day
*read about him in our CHC Stories of the Saints book
*make these special cookies and hot chocolate (to eat and drink during the story)
*and prepare this special stuffed bell pepper meal from Catholic Cuisine (with pita bread pizza as alternative for the kiddos).
To top it all off, a friend of ours is loaning us the movie, St. John Bosco: Mission of Love. It will be a great day to celebrate this saint and spend time together with our family celebrating our anniversary!
To read if you don't have a book about this saint: St. John Bosco at Domestic-Church.
One more thing- I almost forgot. Paul says he is going to juggle for us in honor of St. John Bosco. ;)


4 comments:
happy 30th anniversary to your beloved and you! great links and plans for St. John Bosco Feast Day.
Congratulations!!! Sounds like you have a great day planned. I hope I am blessed enough to say I have been married 30 years. Praying you have many more together :)
Anniversary blessings! Sounds like you have a festive day planned:-)
I'm late here...but still would love to wish you a wonderful, blessed, happy anniversary wish!
What a great example you and your beloved have set for your children!
Post a Comment