Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent Is A State Of Mind...

We woke up this morning ready to go! Chores were done, breakfast prepared, horse lessons gotten ready for, school packed up to do while waiting at horse lessons... and it was looking like we had just enough time to start the day with our advent devotions and read our story book! Don't you just love days like that?

Then...

(Edited version of a really long post)

All heck broke loose. Sick daughter, sick grand-kids, doctor appointments, meals to bring, and more. The day went from smooth sailing to rough seas in a blink of an eye.

So, today there will be no candles, no readings, no Jesse Tree...

But as I stood in my kitchen this morning wondering why our beautifully begun day was falling apart, I prayed that God would order my day and keep my heart in the right place. 

I think He did. 


James and Dad 2006


2 comments:

Patty said...

Oh boy! That is quite a day, isn't it? Congratulations on your new grandson. What a beautiful time of the year to celebrate a new life!!

Tiffany said...

Wow, what a day! Glad to hear that no one was in the ER:) Good thing you were such a great planner with that dinner...what a blessing, that time with new baby. Congrats! I think you spent your Advent doing just as God saw fit...seeing the face of Jesus all around you. SO true that Advent is really a state of mind and heart! If only I can get that right through all of my expectations!