So much for plans to do a bunch of posts on our advent reading! The upside is that I have had a great time reading other bloggers who did share...
I thought I'd squeak in this post about some of our old favorites that keep Christ in the Christmas season-
From the book cover- "On That First Christmas Eve is an enchanting lyrical timeline.... viewed through the eyes of a child."
This simple book that covers the life of Christ is a wonderful introduction for small children (3+) to the meaning of Christmas.
"Twas the night before Christmas in old Bethlehem. The town had grown silent and still..."
I'll admit that "The Real Night before Christmas" won't win any literary awards, but it does a nice job of telling the story of the birth of our Savior in a way that littles can understand and appreciate.
I'll admit that "The Real Night before Christmas" won't win any literary awards, but it does a nice job of telling the story of the birth of our Savior in a way that littles can understand and appreciate.
This one appears to be out of print. I love the pictures and simple text. Lots to look at with little ones.
Another one out of print! This is one of our favorites from way back when (I think we bought it 16 years ago). While the story is mostly about the boy and his donkey, it is one that small children will appreciate and relate to. You can guess that this small donkey has a big job to do.
Hopefully, some libraries or used book vendors carry some of the out of print titles!
Hopefully, some libraries or used book vendors carry some of the out of print titles!




1 comment:
Laurie,
Thanks for sharing and linking up to the 40 Days of Seeking Him meme.
I don't think I've seen any of those titles before. I do enjoy a nice picture book, though.
Post a Comment