Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Card Fun!

Taking a break from my scheduled blogging hiatus to bring you this Christmas card update...  actually, I promised my lovely daughter that I would share some pics to show what I am talking about. So, for you Shauna. ;)

I have always wanted a Christmas card system. I love the cards that we receive and think saving them in an album is a great idea.


My first attempt at Christmas card album, from years ago, is the small red book in the front. One photo or card is featured on each page. I managed to fit two years in this book- I think they discontinued the album.

page from the small red album

Next attempt- years later. I thought I would fit two year's worth of cards in this album, but never got around to the doing a second year.

my second go around with Christmas card albums

 Now, thank you very much Pinterest!!


 Three years bundled in one evening.


And plopped in a basket that I plan on adding to next year!!


And, if I come across Christmas cards from years gone by (that I have saved somewhere!), I have undated covers printed and ready to go. 


Not bad for an evening's work! :)

The printable covers and instructions for these card books are from here @ eighteen25 blog.

Update: Shauna had as much fun making hers as I did- and even had a cute twist on the idea.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute idea and great evening's work is right! The Christmas card situation is always a dilema so thanks for sharing a do-able idea"

Shauna said...

I am so going to make these!!! they are adorable :) where did you get the rings?

Unknown said...

That's a great idea! I was just wondering what to do with mine too.

Patty said...

Great idea, Laura! And you accomplished so much in one sitting!