Sunday, July 1, 2012

Good-bye June!

Where did you go?

Our feast day table was a bit hodge podgy this last month.  But here are a few of our decorations.


 We came across this card during an organizing spree- perfect timing. 


When you turn it one way, it is the Sacred Heart.


The other, the Immaculate Heart. (The photo kind of blurs the two hearts)


For the feast of Corpus Christi.


Votive candle holder dollar store find.


However!! Note to self- never ever leave a flame lit near the open door and think it is safe enough. The wind came through and blew this right in to the flame! I really thought I had checked it out, but was obviously mistaken!


Made a few years ago by one of the boys.

A fun June read: 

115 Saintly Fun Facts

This book contains snippets from the lives of 115 saints. Some familiar (Bernadette, Jerome), and some not so familiar (Ansgar, Benilde) are included. Each saint gets just a page or so description plus a little "thought for the day". I'll admit that some thoughts are better than others, but we are still enjoying this fun little book that came to us via James' Easter basket. 


Happy Feast Day of Blessed Junipero Serra!! 
A favorite of us Californians- click his name to hear about him. 


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, love that neat card of the Sacred and Immaculate hearts! And cute craft with the church and Jesus on the inside...Do share where you got that!? :-) Have a fun and safe 4th of July, Laurie!

Laurie said...

Tiffany, The craft is from Seton Art 1. There are many awesome craft ideas in that book!

Gardenia said...

Your table looks great. It is indeed hard to keep up with it throughout the year. sometimes I'm so on top of it, and then other times I turn around and realize I'm a little behind! Thanks for your continued prayers for Jack. It means so much.

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Laurie! I just might have to try that Seton Art book this year:)

noreen said...

Hi Laurie, your feast table looks great! Was the template for that craft in the Seton Art 1 book you mentioned? Or can you get in online? It does look perfect.

I was happy to see that the 115 Saintly Fun Facts is available at a library near us. I wish we could get every book that sounds interesting, but my budget won't allow that! Thank God for libraries that have Catholic/Christian books!