Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween And All Saints Food and Fun

This is really "All Hallow's Eve" as we don't have everyone over again on 
All Saint's Day (maybe we should!). 


We put out our saints themed food using the printable cards from Catholic Icing- 



Aren't these fun?! :) 



A young friend of ours contributed some saint themed food with her own cards and drawings.

I love it!!! 


As usual, I procrastinated, but managed to put up a few fun fall/halloween decorations. 


Along with our saints line up (not sure why I only took a picture when half were up...). 


 James created these fun ghosts that we found via Pinterest.



We used those bracelet glow sticks to light them- green works best (by far). 

Other Fun: 


My adult kids just crack me up! Frank and I are going to have to get on board and dress up next year. 

Things to note- 

I announced a few years ago that Dorothy married the Scarecrow. Now they have a new addition to the family! I guess in OZ Scarecrow and Dorothy could have a baby lion! :) 

I don't have a picture of my daughter's whole family (top right), as they arrived later in the evening, but I love love love her costume. Notice the two little ones in there? Yup. That's some news! 

And Erin (bottom left), is Princess Peach to her boyfriend Nick's Mario (isn't he a good sport!). 

Last but not least the adorable Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head! Toy story themed all the way with the dinosaur and Woody. And, hiding under that pink nose on Mrs. Potato Head... a little girl!! :) 



Just a few random pics: 


Lord of the rings was a big theme around here this year too! And notice the fire fighter handing out candy- he also let the kids sit in the truck. That was a serious treat. Mark made good use of his Civil War attire for Halloween. 


Erin did some adorable pumpkins- you know those cute ones that are all around Pinterest that have patterns on them using a drill? She did that and then used them to hold flowers. Super duper cute but no pictures! If I can find some, I'll come back in add. 

In the meantime... I can show you these. 



Articles about Halloween and All Saints Day- 








2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What fun, fun, fun, Laurie! Your faith and family is full of joy:) LOVE the St. Ignatius Canon ball meatballs and all of your other goodies too. Especially love the hanging of your Saint pictures…great idea! Your children and grandchildren are beautiful and so cute in their costumes, including new little one in the womb. Congrats to all:)

Phyllis said...

I love all the pictures of your adult children. You have such a wonderful family. I love the pumpkins, too! Thank you for your continual support. {hugs}