Even though I was born and raised Catholic, much of the culture and richness of our faith was lost on me. I hope to offer my children a better understanding of their faith while learning right beside them.
Our journey toward this goal began when my adult children were little. At that time everything was as new to me as it was to them- the rosary, mass during the week (I honestly had no idea that there was mass during the week!), the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist, Church history, the saints... it was like opening a treasure box full of gold! Since then different things have propelled us forward on our faith journey: our church, friends, books, online resources (yes, the Internet can be used for good), the Lightweigh program (amazing!),... and I am so grateful.
Living our faith fully- celebrating the church year and more- is something I aspire to do. In an effort to do that, I am trying to put together a planning system. I'll share what I have so far.
To begin I went to "That Resource Site" to print planning pages. I used the pre-dated Angel Calendar that has a back sheet to list special events for the month. To help with planning, I printed a copy of the liturgical calendar available from ChurchYear.Net. Saint of the Day at American Catholic.org is also open on my computer to match up the saints we plan to listen about
![]() |
| page 2 and 3 |
Using the single subject planning page from "That Resource Site" as a model, I created a page to sketch my plans for the particular feast day we want to focus on.
![]() |
| page 4 (or more) |
As I am planning, I am working on a resource list. This is partially for my benefit, but also so that I can give my sister a copy of the list so that she knows what I have on hand.


.jpg)
2 comments:
Hi, thanks for stopping by. You 've got all the great resources at hand. I went to churchyear.net and reviewed the liturgical calendar. there are so many beautiful feast days and holy days to celebrate and learn about -- I selected which ones to focus on this liturgical year, and then went from there. some blogs I read celebrate every or almost every saints day, etc. My three year old and I are going at the pace we can, and sometimes, my pace is a little too ambitious for my three year' old attention span, but I'm emjoying every step of the way. I look forward to reading your blog.
This is very much in line with something I was trying to do before life took over again. I will get back to it and will also be checking back on your blog to read your great ideas!
Post a Comment