Saturday, October 30, 2010

Faith Lesson Planning::Update

You can click on the pictures to view them larger. 

Usually, when I set up a system, there is some tweaking involved, but things have worked pretty much as I originally planned. The only real difference between this post and my last planning post is that the forms are filled in.

page 1                                                     page 2

Page 1- A list of possible feast days to celebrate for the month.

Page 2- Monthly calendar with a sketch of our regular activities (I didn't include detailed planning here- just enough to help me be realistic with our church year planning). I highlighted the dates that we are going to recognize above and beyond our normal "saint of the day" reading.

Page 3- On this page are other special days of the month, things that we plan to accomplish, and a list of possible celebrations. The circled dates are the ones we plan to celebrate in some way (highlighted on the previous page)- the others are special saint days (confirmation saints and such) of someone (dad, sisters, cousins...) who is dear to us. This will give us an opportunity to acknowledge that day with the gift of a coloring picture or holy card.

Page 4- For the feast days that we plan to especially acknowledge, I filled out this form. I can add to it if we want to include more activities.

I have page protectors in the back of our binder for things that go with our plans.

Putting all this is writing does not change what we normally do, but it does give me a sense of perspective as far as what is realistic. I also hope that it will give us a sense of accomplishment. Often, my boys and I have lots of plans in our heads, but they don't all come off. This will make it easier to track what we actually do.

No comments: