Monday, December 5, 2011

December 6::The Feast of St. Nicholas


Our table is set.


I am not sure that it is in keeping with advent wreath etiquette, but I needed 
somewhere to put this one last St. Nicholas and I thought it looked cute. 



These coins are a new "tradition". I printed the covers from Shower of Roses. 


I had planned on getting fancy with this chocolate Santa and making him a 
miter and crosier. Next year! I'll put it on the list. 



We don't usually do gifts, but my boys love, love, love Fruity Pebbles and rarely get them, so it will be a true feast day treat for them. St. Nicholas is also leaving this new family game for us to play tomorrow. We own the book and will read some of it in the morning. 

Other sources: 

6 comments:

Paper Dali said...

Wow!

What a lovely place you've set for Saint Nicholas. So pretty!

Have a fun, Fruity Pebble-y celebration!

Gardenia said...

Beautiful coloring of St. Nicholas! God bless your feast day celebration today!

Patty said...

Happy feast of St. Nicholas! It as though you all will have a very special day! I think your wreath looks wonderful :)

Tiffany said...

Happy Feast of St. Nicolas, Laurie! Your table looks so festive:) Enjoy your day!

asliceofsmithlife said...

Happy Feast of St. Nicholas! Everything looks so beautiful and festive! Love all your decorations to celebrate such a special day! Thanks for stopping by my corner of blog land to comment on my post! I love the St. Nick chocolate coins too, that's a new tradition for us too :)
God bless!

Unknown said...

Your St. Nick table looks so beautiful! My kids would love the Fruity Pebbles....here's a little confession, I would too. Probably would eat the whole box myself, which is why I never buy them! Hope you enjoyed a wonderful feast day :)